My PC is not working! screen was black. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Wizard - Last answered on Jun 16, 2015 at 10:38 AM by Wizardlock
Hello,
I am a user of Windows 7. We just shifted our home but when we set up the computer, the CPU was working but the screen was black. We tried restarting it, with the same result. So we plugged the monitor to our laptop, and the laptop screen showed up on it. It means the monitor is fine.
Please tell me what should I do!
Here's a list of wires I plugged into the monitor:
VGA IN
DC IN
Tell me if I'm missing one.
It is an Acer S231HL bid monitor.

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi Wizard,

Is the mouse active on the black screen? Do you hear the initial beep sound when you turn on the PC? Make sure you are connecting the monitor to the video card port of the PC, not to the motherboard's. You have done pretty good troubleshooting and I agree that your monitor may be working fine. Open your PC and confirm that all cables are firmly connected.

Hope this helps
Wizardlock 2Posts Sunday June 14, 2015Registration date June 16, 2015 Last seen - Jun 15, 2015 at 11:30 AM
I didn't hear the beep though that may be because I don't have speakers.
But the mouse isn't appearing.
We've changed the VGA cable and now it's showing a No Cable Connected message.
Am I missing the DVI cable?
R2D2_WD 3616Posts lunes, 1 de septiembre de 2014Registration date Certified CCM ContributorStatus February 20, 2017 Last seen - Jun 16, 2015 at 03:03 AM
If you are using a graphic card (which is not integrated), you should connect the monitor to the DVI or the HDMI port. The initial beep comes from the motherboard and indicates that the components are working fine. If the sound is there, you will hear it without speakers.
Wizardlock 2Posts Sunday June 14, 2015Registration date June 16, 2015 Last seen - Jun 16, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Thanks, I'll make sure that the HDMI cable is connected...
Thanks for the tip :D

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?