Repair corrupt .PST & .OST files

Closed
AtkinElw Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2015 - Jun 18, 2015 at 03:53 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 18, 2015 at 09:12 AM
What methods exist to repair corrupt Outlook 2003 .PST & .OST files besides using the scanpst and scanost utilities?

An Outlook 2003 user frequently gets messages when he launches Outlook 2003 that the data file is corrupt.

There is then a delay of 30 seconds to several minutes while Outlook checks the data file for errors.

I have used both the scanpst.exe and the scanost.exe utilities to scan and fix the user's two Outlook data files.

I have also moves his .ost file to an alternate location and have then allowed the .OST file to recreate itself.

However, after several days the user continues to start getting these error messages again and using the scanpst and scanost utilities don't fix the problem.

I've heard that there are other methods available such as the Inbox repair tool. However, I don't know how to access or use these other repair methods.

So what other methods exist that I can use to repair the user's corrupted Outlook .OST file and Outlook .PST file?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 18, 2015 at 09:12 AM
Hello,

if the user is getting the same errors after you repair them then there is something corrupting the files.

check your antivirus solution and create some exclusions.