Have internet connection. Browser won't load pages. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Lilbruno - Last answered on Apr 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM by tiana258
Hello,
I have internet connection and all my other devices work fine except my pc laptop. Browser won't load any pages. I have made sure that the proxy was unchecked. I have also gone to command prompt and did the resetlog.txt thing. Restarted my computer, nothing changed. Also went to run and typed resetlog.txt and I get a prompt that says "windows cannot find 'resetlog.txt" please help, every forum I look at always brings up this resetlog.txt but I guess it's not on my computer? I don't know what to do.
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Hold the "Windows" key and press the "R" key. "Run" dialog will be

opened. Type "cmd" and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be

opened. Enter the below command.

ping www.google.com --> Press Enter.

Are you able to get the reply messages?

2) Temporary disable your Firewall/Antivirus and check if you are

able to open the websites.

Good Luck

Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.
Lilbruno- Jun 20, 2015 at 01:06 AM
I did the command prompt, said it was pinging, showed replies, bytes, time and TTL. Turned off my antivirus. Still doesn't work. Cannot load web pages.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Can you connect in safe mode?
Can you connect with clean boot?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Helpful
plus moins
In Windows 7 you can reset your IP by clicking on START then open ACCESSORIES then first right click on COMMAND PROMPT and then select in the drop down menu by your pointer arrow "Run As Administrator" else this won't work. Then open COMMAND PROMPT and type this inside exactly as here:

netsh int ip reset c:reset log.txt

You will then need to reset your computer and the job is done
Lilbruno Computertech - Jun 20, 2015 at 10:23 PM
I have no way of downloading this without my browser loading webpages.
Computertech 3746Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration date ContributorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Jun 22, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Have you already had some antivirus program in your pc?
Lilbruno- Jun 20, 2015 at 01:58 AM
Windows network diagnostic "troubleshooting couldn't identity problem" went to browser, its sort of working? The pages its loading takes forever to show (like a couple minutes) and when they do show its just white with broken images and text.
John- Nov 12, 2016 at 03:18 PM
Hi, I have similar problem and tryed your advice. All websites can be pinged without problem, my steam works just fine and dowloades anything, all other programs work perfectly. Just none of my browsers work (using chrome, firefox and IE) interesting thing is, that google works just fine, loading everything, even the search engine finds everything, just doesn't load other pages.
I've tryed to use my phones hotspot, so it's not a problem with the connection.
tiana258- Apr 11, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Thank you very much! It works for me! But could you just explain me why i have to do that?
Helpful
plus moins
I ended up having to reset my WiFi extender, and I also reseted my modem twice more, and then factory reseted my WiFi extender. My modem and extended ate dual banded, its possible the 2.4ghz wasn't working but the 5.8ghz was. My laptop is the one connected to the 2.4ghz. Not everything make sense but I'm just going to accept that it works now. Thanks for all the suggestions and help you've given me, I appreciate it.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?