Best advice for replacing Dell Laptop i7 5500U series TOUCHPAD

Closed
pattyd - Jul 8, 2015 at 01:24 AM
divadownload Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2015 - Jul 9, 2015 at 01:42 AM
Hello,
I need to get my touchpad replaced as the one that came with my laptop is HORRIBLE at best... erratic, jumps around, unstable!
Please advise best one to replace it with and best place to have it done OR, is there a place I can purchase recommended touchpad and do it myself?
PLEASE HELP.
MY FINGERS ARE KILLING ME.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 8, 2015 at 03:12 PM
Have you tried using a USB mouse?

You are probably limited to the exact same hardware that Dell uses. the "touchpad" is probably glued into the upper laptop case and would require replacement of the entire upper case.

Have you tried warranty service from Dell?
divadownload Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 8, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2015
Jul 9, 2015 at 01:42 AM
Already using a USB mouse, however because I do a lot of photo editing, it's not as precise compared to touch pad (on FORMER laptops that is. :))
Bought it on Amazon so warranty doesn't apply. ALTHOUGH, now that I think about it, I think it came with a warranty but I never registered it. I've only had the laptop about a month. So thanks! For reminding me about the warranty. Another site's discussion about this same topic...the purchaser did use his warranty to have Dell replace it.
REALLY APPRECIATE your taking the time to reply. I may try geek squad next.