Popcorn time

Closed
gen - Jul 16, 2015 at 01:48 PM
 Anonymous User - Jul 19, 2015 at 06:05 AM
hello i need help, my mac is not letting me open popcorn time because its from an unidentified developer, how can i open popcorn time and start using it? help, macbook air.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 16, 2015 at 06:59 PM
The most popular Popcorn Time fork has lost control of its domain name. Popcorntime.io was seized by the registry and the domain name is now listed as "reserved". At first sight the application itself appears not to be affected by the domain name problems.

popcorntDubbed the "Netflix for Pirates," the Popcorn Time app quickly gathered a user base of millions of people over the past year.

Its popularity has also drawn the attention of copyright holders, who've made several attempts to shut the service down.

Today Popcorntime.io, the original and most used Popcorn Time fork, became the target of the latest takedown effort.

A few hours ago the domain name's status was updated to "reserved," which effectively means that the Internet Computer Bureau registry seized the domain name.

The UK-based registry previously took control of The Pirate Bay's .ac domain name as well.
Anonymous User
Jul 19, 2015 at 06:05 AM
Hello,

that is a normal protection from the Apple OS X - no problem, it's easy to manage, please, have a look at this page :
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369?viewlocale=en_US&locale=fr_FR

regards