My windows media player not working for win7 64bit?

Closed
Cipie7 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2015 - Aug 2, 2015 at 02:02 AM
Cipie7 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2015 - Aug 2, 2015 at 08:18 PM
"failed to load control 'WindowMediaPlayer' server execution failed".
please help what I do?
FYI: I dont have system repair disc and I 've lost Windows installation cd. If I run restore point to an earlier time the selected back up could not be found.
Thanks
CM
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Aug 2, 2015 at 02:30 PM
Here is what Microsoft says:

To trouble this Windows Media Player issue, I would suggest you to try these methods and check if it works.

Method 1

Run the Windows media player troubleshooter and check.

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-media-player-d10303a5-896c-2ce2-53d4-5bd5b9fd888b

Method 2

a) Click on Start and in the search bar type cmd.exe

b) Right click on cmd.exe and click on Run as Administrator

c) In the command prompt type the following command

net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add

d) Press enter and restart the computer

e) Check if you are able to play the files in Windows media player.

If the issue persists, try the following steps:

Method 3

Restart Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

a) Click the Start Button, type "services.msc" (without quotes) in Start Search box, and press Enter.

b) Double click the service "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service".

c) Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.

d) Click OK.

If it has been started, please stop it, restart the computer and then restart the service.

If the issue persists, try Clean Boot mode.

Method 4

Put the computer in Clean Boot state to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" from above article.