Ipod 5 only shows apple with black screen

Closed
rina614 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 4, 2015 - Aug 4, 2015 at 05:58 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 4, 2015 at 07:23 PM
My apple ipod 5 will not turn on. When I press the sleep button, all that appears is the white apple with a black screen. My home button also doesn't work so I can't press the both button's to restart my ipod. I did leave my ipod in my friend's car for about 9 hours(it's Arizona btw so it's pretty hot!)and when I got it back, I used it for about 4 hours, then it died, I charged it, used it, and when I woke up in the morning, it stopped working. I really don't know what to do so any advice will help! Thank you!
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2015 at 07:23 PM
Hello,

Turn off your device and leave it off.

Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.

Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable.

Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.