I just build my own pc last nice and i get this blue screen!

Closed
tylerp3131 - Aug 19, 2015 at 05:01 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 20, 2015 at 05:17 PM
Hello, i just built my new pc last night and i already get blue screens! heres the code. stop: 0x00000024 and then it says collecting data for crash dump... initalizing disk for crash dump... beginning dump of phisical memory. dumping physical memory to disk 100 physical memory dump complete. .. can anyone help me! and i downloaded a windows 7 iso online for free and it becomes a blue screen in about 5 minutes when i long into the computer!!! someone help please

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 19, 2015 at 05:10 PM
Well, did you verify all of the hardware is compatible with 7?

Here is a cut and paste of SOME of the culprits. Good luck. You do understand the Half-split method of troubleshooting, dont you?

Please reference the follwoing to start:

The SATA controller configuration in the system BIOS If the SATA controller gets toggled from ATA to AHCI mode (or vice versa), then Windows will not be able to talk to the SATA controller because the different modes require different drivers. Try toggling the SATA controller mode in the BIOS.
RAID settings You may receive this error if you've been experimenting with the RAID controller settings. Try changing the RAID settings back to Autodetect (usually accurate).
Improperly or poorly seated cabling Try reseating the data cables that connect the drive and its controller at both ends.
Hard drive failure Run the built-in diagnostics on the hard drive. Remember: Code 7 signifies correctable data corruption, not disk failure.
File system corruption Launch the recovery console from the Windows installation disc and run chkdsk /f /r.
Improperly configured BOOT.INI (Windows Vista). If you have inadvertently erased or tinkered with the boot.ini file, you may receive stop code 0x7B during the startup process. Launch the recovery console from the Windows installation disc and run BOOTCFG /REBUILD
STOP 0x00000024 (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)

This stop code indicates the NTFS file system driver encountered a situation it could not handle, and is almost always caused by 3 things:
Data corruption on the disk
Data corruption in memory
The system completely running out of memory (this typically only happens on heavily-loaded servers)
Things to check

Reseat the memory and all drive data cables to eliminate data corruption issues stemming from poorly or improperly seated hardware.
Run a complete memory and hard drive diagnostic. The quick test will not be thorough enough here. You need to run the full system diagnostic.
If those diagnostics pass, run a full file system check from the Recovery Console (chkdsk /f /r) to detect and (potentially) fix any corrupted data.
If none of the above solves the issue, reinstall Windows.
If that does not fix the issue, replace the hard drive.

If I had to guess, I would expect the problem to be one of the last three: Data corruption on disk (FREE OS TEND TO HAVE ISSUES LIKE THIS!), your Memory is corrupted, or fried (did you handle any of the components, and did you use a anti-static strap?), or your virtual memory needs to be adjusted for more memory, as your free OS is gobbling it all up, and none is left, hence the crash!

I really suspect it is the ISO of 7 if you did not get if from Microsoft!
I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!
well do you know where i could get a free windows 7 or 8 iso? that will work fine?
Blocked Profile
Aug 19, 2015 at 06:34 PM
You can get it from Microsoft. All you need is a valid serial number!
where can i get a serial number?
Blocked Profile
Aug 20, 2015 at 05:17 PM
You purchase it.