Laptop stuck restarting after restarting in safe mode

Solved/Closed
Lauren_st - Aug 20, 2015 at 03:34 AM
 Lauren_st - Aug 24, 2015 at 06:14 PM
Hello,

The reason I decided to do the actions which led to this was because I had the windows 10 critical error about cortana and the start menu, so I just opened task manager and restarted it into safe mode like I read,

However it's been 12 hours and it's still stuck restarting,

What do I do I have no recovery disks I haven't saved my files, because I just thought I was restarting it, I have little knowledge and I can follow instruction but this is beyond my depth!

Anyone know how to help it without losing my files, I have photos on there I am not willing to lose :(

Thanks, Lauren
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 24, 2015 at 04:54 PM
Did you find a fix?
Yes I did after all that!

Tried talking to a windows 10 technician but very unuseful, tried to get me to do a powercycle? Said to hold power button down for 3 minutes and it would reset no problem - waited 7 minutes nothing except a shut down, (what I wanted to avoid) and then she said take the battery out? Yikes

Anyway problem solved: after turning the laptop off by hard shut down, it logged on right as rain into safe mode as I wanted, I turned safe mode off and then shut it down instead of restarting, and turned it on again. Presto. Critical error gone and not restarting for hours.

Weird huh?