Broken Screen So I Can't Choose an Internet Connection

Closed
Teacherkaren Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2015 - Aug 25, 2015 at 06:30 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 27, 2015 at 07:43 PM
I have a HP laptop and about two inches on the right side is fuzzy/broken/whited out because my laptop was stepped on. In any case, I cannot choose a wireless network because the box at comes up when you try to connect and choose a network can barely be seen. I can see the very left side of the box and maybe the first two letters of each available network. I cannot see where to enter the password because I cannot see the box.

I have gone in through Chrome, Internet Expolorer, and even the Control Panel and when you are asked to select an available network, the same smal box on the right comes up.

Is there any way around this? Can I move the dialog box? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2015 at 05:35 PM
Hang in there. Grab your task bar, and unlock its position. Now grab it and pull it to the left side. That should do it. I just did it on my desktop. Be certain to lock it back into place to avoid any mis-drags later on.

Have fun and let us know what you think!
Teacherkaren Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 at 07:38 PM
Wow! What a simple solution and so easy to fix. I thought that you had to be thinking that I was online and had a window open when you mentioned the task bar but I tried by placing my cursor on the task bar and right clicking. It opened right up and I was able to move it and then open the network options window. Thank you so much for your help!
Blocked Profile
Aug 27, 2015 at 07:43 PM
You are very welcome. I mentioned this today to a peer, and he was wowwed by the easy fix, too! Thank you for posting back. Do you want to mark it solved, or should I?