WDBACX0010BBK-00 My passport

Closed
nikum9 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2015 - Aug 26, 2015 at 06:02 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Aug 28, 2015 at 08:04 AM
Dear Community, Could you please help me in troubleshooting the following:

1. I have connected WDBACX0010BBK-00 My passport 1TB external hard drive in USB port of my HP Probook 4530s Laptop.
2. I cannot see the hard drive in 'computer' screen as a connection.
3. The light is up on WD and it makes some operational sound and inbetween click-clacks - which to me indicates its alive!
4. I have used it earlier and have saved data abut I am not able to connect it to my same laptop lately. Nothing has changed in the laptop.
5. Win7 on my laptop.
6. Under Device manager - Disk drives - I see "WD My Passport 0730 USB device" and there is no yellow flag indicated.I right click on WD and select 'update driver software', after seraching online it indicates the driver is updated most.
7. I click on usb controllers - no yellow flag or triangle indicated

Please help.

Regards,
Nidhi

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Aug 28, 2015 at 08:04 AM
Hello nikum9,

Can you open the Disk management and tell me if there's an assigned letter to your drive? Has it got one at all or shows unallocated space? If it does, then probably needs to be assigned a drive letter to it.
If you have the option to switch the USB cable you are using to connect the My Passport to your laptop, please try with it. Also, you could try our diagnostics tool Data LifeGuard Diagnostics which you can download from here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=hPA5aA Make sure you chose the extended test.
I would like to suggest you something that I hope it will help. Safely remove from your laptop all external devices including WD My Passport. Shut down your laptop and pull out the charger and the battery for some minutes.
After that, plug your battery and your charger and boot the laptop. When you have successfully entered your system, connect only the My Passport and go to Disk Management to see whether it gets recognized already.
Have done these steps, please come back to share the results and if you attach a printscreen I wouldn't mind. :)

Best of luck.