Laptop keyboard as a calculator

Closed
Colleen - Apr 2, 2009 at 06:24 PM
 Rina - Aug 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Hello,
I have a laptop. This is different from the desktop that I have used for several years. The keyboard has a different layout. I have spoken to Dell support and the advise was to "google" and search for I needed an advanced software troubleshooting and reconfigeration of the settings.

When looking at my keyboard, on the lettters : J, K, L, U, I, O, and M, there are numbers imprinted on those keys. For instance, J has 1, K has 2, L with 3, U holds 4, I with 5, O is 6, and M holds a zero. Are you with me? Ok. I would like to configure my laptop to be able to use those keys like an adding machine. I used to be an auditor and prefer using the adding machine mode rather than the numerical keys given on all computers at the top. Can anyone help me? I really would appreciate someone explaining this process in simple English. Thanks for your time!
Related:

1 response

departche Posts 4 Registration date Sunday March 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2009 3
Apr 3, 2009 at 07:46 AM
hi,
try pressing the Fn key and then press the number keys.
this should work.
Dear departche,
Thank you so much! It works! You have no idea what I was going through. It is much easier for me now. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.
Colleen
Rina > Colleen
Aug 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM
My Toshiba laptop seems to be in permanent calculator mode. The letters work properly when I press the FN key. I can't type. How do I get it to just a regular keyboard?