External hard drive showing not accessible

Solved/Closed
EMan15 - Sep 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM
 Eman15 - Sep 1, 2015 at 06:26 AM
Hi. I am having trouble with my external hard drive. It was showing up correctly today, but now it turned into E:\ saying that it is not accessible and that the file is corrupt. I really need my files for work (poor teacher) :( Please help, thanks!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 1, 2015 at 03:44 AM
Hi Eman15,

So the drive is visible in My Computer and has a drive letter E:\? Search for the drive in Disk Management. Does it appear correctly? Try using the chkdsk E: /r command from the Command Prompt. Have you checked the drive on another PC and with another USB cable.
If you manage to access and copy your data, format the drive and download the drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool from the manufacturer's web page. Do a complete drive scan and check the results.

Hope this helps

Hi. Thank you for your response. In addition, I came across chkdsk/f e: and this fixed a major error that was preventing my external drive to appear. It works! Thanks for taking time to respond! Blessings to you and to those who help us solve these types of issues!