Explorer.exe problems.

Closed
TheUnknown970 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday September 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2015 - Sep 2, 2015 at 02:48 PM
 George M. - Sep 17, 2015 at 05:51 PM
Hello all, I seem to have a bit of trouble. I installed this program and it was a virus. So I looked on forums on a website on how to completely get rid of it. One said to delete explorer.exe which was in the task manager. So I did, and it got rid of the virus. But then, nothing showed up on my computer, just the wallpaper. So, I restarted my computer and everything is working fine, except for the icons on my computer, (windows 7 home premium). It's like a Mac, the icons don't specifically
stay in one place, you can move them to any spot, and they overlap. It's annoying. I've heard about the "solution" where you can just start a new process in the task manager called Explorer.Exe. The only problem, is that when I do that, it doesn't create a new task. It just opens the windows explorer page in the tab of Libraries. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks,
TheUnknown970 (George).

1 response

Hi there,

My name is George M., and my old Windows XP had that problem. Somehow, it happened, and then i never got on to it again. When i started to try to fix it, nobody else had that sort of solution. But this is what i did. If nothing pops up, only you desktop wallpaper, then press Ctrl.+Alt+Del, and when you do that, you click on task manager. THen, you go to applications, and END ALL OF THE applications that are run by the USER, except the one with the task manager. THen, i pressed File, and then New Task, and then put in explorer.exe . Once that happens, it should pop up. If it dosent, restart the computer, and do the prosses all over again. Then it should work. But if it dosent, you computer is gone. On mine it works, But you will have to do that every time you shut down a computer. I always put mine on hibernate, so i don't have to do it all the time.

That is how i did it.

George M.