Nothing shows on my monitor.

Solved/Closed
Leviate Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2015 - Sep 2, 2015 at 05:22 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 3, 2015 at 05:28 PM
My custom built desktop does not show anything on my monitor. I turn it on and my monitor says no signal. I do know the computer works, because I handed it to one of my friends for him to fix it, he put the operating system on it. My friend obviously had to see what he was doing to install the OP. When I connect my speakers to my desktop and it sounds like it boots up just fine (I even press the "shift" key multiple times, to make that beeping sound). I tried connecting it to 2 different monitors, and a tv. I still get a blank. I tried DVI-D, VGA, and HDMI, I still get nothing.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 2, 2015 at 08:42 PM
Is the BIOS set up for your hardware?

What about the provisioning of the storage space. I think your OS is bloating the harddrive because it isn't provisioned correctly. Let us know what happens when you boot your OS (what version?) into safe mode.

What does your friend say about your custom machine?

Please Remember, Have FUN!
Leviate Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2015
Sep 2, 2015 at 10:23 PM
Not even the BIOS screen shows up, I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I can't even boot it up on safe mode, because literally nothing shows up on the monitor.

My friend told me I connected everything right, and that nothing seemed to be broken, He even put the OS in (he had to see what he was doing, so that means everything was working with him). I know this because I can hear it boot up via speakers. I just can't see anything.

I can also access my programs on the computer via keyboard. I tried changing the resolution (blindly) and still nothing.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 3, 2015 at 06:52 AM
I think the RAM is the culprit may be it is loose connection on the slot, try to remove it(pc should be switch off) and reseat the RAM and try to switch on the pc!
Leviate Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2015
Sep 3, 2015 at 08:07 AM
I just tried and it doesn't seem to be that. :/
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 3, 2015 at 08:21 AM
Did you use any external graphic card or onboard graphics?
Blocked Profile
Sep 3, 2015 at 05:28 PM
Take all of the ram out and boot it. Then try with only one stick. IF it goes to boot, then let it. If you have an external video, be certain (as computertech says) it is connected to external, as your machine will default to the external. I would take out anything that is extra!