Generic MP\3 charges but isn't recognized

Closed
Cami - Sep 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Grammie4 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2016 - May 7, 2016 at 09:12 PM
I have a generic MP3 player and when I plug into USB port, it chimes like it knows something was plugged in, and even charges the MP3. For some reason, after trying many different ways, I can't get computer to recognize MP3 to be able to put music on it. I have it search for new devices and it finds nothing. Please help! I can't live without music!!
Related:

4 responses

hoganhero Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2016 4
Feb 5, 2016 at 06:21 PM
I have a similar problem with a generic MP3 - it needs a driver I think - did you get it working?
hoganhero Posts 2 Registration date Friday February 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2016 4
Feb 6, 2016 at 07:44 AM
My pc is running on windows 8.1 (10 would not see my printer!). MP3 player is a tiny generic Chinese supplied - firmware as above: ic type: ht2836 ver: v1.00. PC does not recognise the MP3 in the usb slot (any of them) - if I insert the micro SD with music, it recognises the music on it but can't load onto it - says 'not connected'! Supplier unable to supply driver detail. Any solutions??
MP3-Trouble shooter
Feb 12, 2016 at 12:37 AM
If you remove the driver under windows device driver for your device in sound and video and game controller then you will be able to read the sd card in it. At this point the mp3 player will be charged too. The mp3 player needs to be on state. What happen is it work as an usb sound player once the device driver for the unit is active and block the mp3 player other properties. Try this and leave a feedback.
BTW the only three options on the MP3 are music, FM Radio, and system. Under system, I have backlight, contrast, firmware version, and language. Under firmware version, I have ic type: ht2836 ver v1.00
cebrita Lunch
Oct 27, 2015 at 07:27 PM
i have the same mp3 too... I was wondering if there's any form to change it's sistem because I can't see music folders and it really bothers me D:
Put a memory card on it.
The player have no memory built in.
DCN > Otireda
Dec 2, 2015 at 01:14 PM
I did put a memory card in it with music. Error message: NO FILE. I can read it just fine on my desktop. But the MP3 player doesn't even act like there is any operating program onboard.
Grammie4 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2016
May 7, 2016 at 09:12 PM
I use a memory card in mine as well. Has it been fully charged? Mine wouldnt read the music folders so I just put the music on the card not in a folder and it works fine.
RealNightFury Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2015
Sep 7, 2015 at 05:31 PM
WEIRD! I have the same mp3! Same firmware version. But the only things are setting and music! But! There is a mic in my device too...i guess thats for recording but it isnt available on my device! Apparently , they are not giving us access to certain features.... is it because of firmware?

And my Mp3 also gets unrecognized..but I kept pluggin in and tried different usbs..and it worked 1 time and got 200 songs on it :P
Same
I only have 2 functions and I'm looking for a firmware for the full version with all of the functions...
Grammie4 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 7, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2016
May 7, 2016 at 09:10 PM
Have you tried contacting the developer of the product?
You can do this by going to wish.com and looking up the item on there and down below the item it will tell you about the developer of the product...you might then be able to update you particular firmware version this way. Hope this info is helpful.