Corrupt/unreadable hard drive [Solved]

Ask a question Slindores 2Posts Thursday September 10, 2015Registration date September 11, 2015 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 30, 2015 02:52AM
My WD Elements hard drive is corrupt or unreadable and I would love a solution. Anyone have any tips to solve this problem at home?
When I plug the hard drive in its recognised but instead of registering as 'WD Elements' like it normally does it stays as 'Local Disk G:/'. When I attempt to open the hard drive it says 'G:/ is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupt or unreadable'
I'd love to be able to recover a majority if not all my data so any help would be great but the conpanies I've spoken to charge commercial prices which are just way too high!
I'm no computer expert though so keep it simple.
Thanks!!!
See more 
Helpful
+4
moins plus
If you are under Windows operating system, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. In cmd window that appears type this:
chkdsk x: /f
(where x = drive letter associated with your external hard drive, and before x: and after x: there is a space)
and press Enter.
Command chkdsk (check disk) will correct errors and your external hard drive will be accessible again.

If data recovery services are not that you are looking for .. Try using Free data recovery software's. They might help you recover data
perrywhite- Nov 8, 2015 12:44AM
Many thanks. You saved me from a fate worse than death!
hungryant- Dec 30, 2015 02:52AM
Works perfect!And it is also so simple to do.Many,many thanks!!Saved a year work.
Add comment
Helpful
+3
moins plus
Thanks so much!
saad- Oct 9, 2015 11:28AM
Thanks bro you are a genius saved my all important files from deleting thanks again
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!