Monitor goes into a power saving mode

Closed
stikey Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2015 - Sep 11, 2015 at 05:55 PM
stikey Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2015 - Sep 12, 2015 at 05:47 PM
I have a hp pavilion computer lately my monitor goes into a power saving mode where there's no display on the screen only black. I find if I jiggle the cables it will sometimes bring it out of the power saving mode but not all the time. when it goes into this state the power light turn from green to orange and if you press the buttons located on the bottom of the monitor there is a message that says to exit power Saving MODE PRESS ANY KEY OR MOVE THE MOUSE BUT THIS DON'T WORK ON MY PC

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 11, 2015 at 06:39 PM
Look, you have said it yourself, shaking the cables makes it work. Hire a dog to wag his tail and then tie the monitor cable to it.

Seriously, it sounds like LOOSE connection. Either in the cable (you never specified if you move the monitor or the pc side) connected to the PC, or to the Monitor. Pull the cable. Does it come out? It is loose!
stikey Posts 2 Registration date Friday September 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2015
Sep 12, 2015 at 05:47 PM
i don't think I would like to use your advice and to be honest I don't think it was very courteous i said I jiggle the cable and sometime it work and sometime it don't I don't think it is the cable