How to recover MySQL database with new MySQL and XBMC installati

Solved/Closed
daddyopoewer Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday September 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2015 - Sep 15, 2015 at 03:51 PM
raysdenny Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2015 - Sep 17, 2015 at 04:35 PM
Hoping someone can help with my problem.

I recently lost my Windows 7 installation which had XBMC Eden and MySQL installed. When I say lost the installation, Windows will no longer boot and Windows repair isn't working but that's a separate issue, however all my data is accessible. Whilst I wasn't happy that I couldn't recover Windows 7 I wasn't too concerned as I had been working on a parallel installation of Windows 8 and this has accelerated my migration plans.

I need some help with recovering my database, as I don't want to scrape everything from scratch.

I have tried the following steps:
- Installed same MySQL version into Win 8, then copied the data files from previous installation program files\mySQL\data
- Installed XBMC Eden, then copied previous Users\appdata\roaming\xbmc into Win 8 equiv preserving sources and advanced settings, db files etc
- Run XBMC - no libraries are present

When I check the database using the SQL Command line (show databases, myvideos60 is present but the row count is 0, so obviously the data from the previous implementation is not in the table. How do I get it in?

Or is there a better way to do this? Bear in mind I no longer have access to the previous MySQL server, but do have access to the data files.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

raysdenny Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2015 5
Sep 17, 2015 at 04:35 PM