No Hardwares devices detecting in my laptop

Closed
revathysundar Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2015 - Sep 25, 2015 at 01:25 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Sep 25, 2015 at 08:25 AM
My laptop is not detecting any hardware devices like modem, pendrive, etc., And I have windows7 ULTIMATE system.
How to fix this problem?
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Sep 25, 2015 at 08:25 AM
Hello revathysundar,

While reading your post two things come up in my mind:
1. You have a USB Controller driver failure or
2. You have some incorrectly adjusted settings in BIOS
I assume that you have tried your external USB devices on another PC. If you haven't, you should do so.
Firstly, if I were you, I would check the Device manager for conflicts. Navigate to USB Root Hub controller and see if there's an exclamation mark. You might also need a driver update by uninstalling it and perform the manual update or deleting the driver and rebooting your laptop. Windows will automatically install the correct driver for you if you're connected to the Internet. From the Device Manager, under USB Root Hub Properties, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. See if this helps. If not, check it back again.
Secondly, check your BIOS settings for the USB ports while booting into BIOS mode. You do that by pressing the respective F key.

Hope that I helped you.