Starts normally & the backlight is on but there is no display

Solved/Closed
Nervana - Sep 28, 2015 at 01:39 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Sep 30, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Hello,
I have Acer aspire it starts normally & the backlight is on but there is no display. I tried the power button suggestions mentioned here. It didn't work. I used to view the screen on another desktop monitor but recently I thought of updating nvidia drive & after the restart there is no display on either screens the laptop & the desktop monitor . Thank you in advance for your help

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 29, 2015 at 01:21 AM
Try this 1,

If the Laptop is switch off, then switch it on and press F8 until you have Advanced boot option menu,

It consists of:

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

1) Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.

2)If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.

3)Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.

4)At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.

5)Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.

If there is still you unable to use your dispaly, then try to Remove your CMOS battery from the slot and reseat it again, it will clear any settings previously done and restore it to defaults. And then you try to switch ON your laptop.

Hope this helps.

Thank u for replying to me. It didn't work. Still no display!
I checked the RAMs & their slots, everything works.
I pressed fn + F5 to toggle between display monitors but it doesn't work.
The CMOS battery doesn't seem to be easily accessible in Acer Aspire 4736zg, but i need to try this option although I'm a little worried i may damage something!! I'll let u know if it works.
Thank u again.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 30, 2015 at 12:39 AM
Hello Nervana,

If you unsure about opening the case i suggest you to contact a valid computer technician and get rid off this issue!