Ram Issue with Windows 10 [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Voliar - Last answered on Oct 5, 2015 at 09:26 AM by kieferschild
Hello,

I have a problem, I recently noticed that my PC instead of using Installed memory of 16GB is using only 8GB (7,96) I myself tried to make it use full amount of memory by advanced boot options but it didn't helped at all and in BIOS I don't have (or I think so) because I searched for quite alot of time option about memory revamping (or something like that) Im very sorry but english isn't my native leng and I tried to search for how to fix it by myself but at the end I wasn't been able to so I ask here. If anny addonational information will be needed I can provide that.

I have Win 10 Home
See more 
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Hello everyone, and especially you kieferschild, altrough you wanted to help me very much I want to thank you for all this attention you are really great men, basicly I came here to show that I don't know what happened (I installed Razer Synapse to get drivers for my Gaming Headset) and out of nowhere my windows is using all of 16 gb out of 16

http://i.imgur.com/r6hwD9S.jpg?1

Anyway, if i'll have other problems I will write again, for now we can mark this thread as solved as maybe it'll help others in future, thanks again.
Was this answer helpful?  
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hello,

please see this webpage which explains that Windows 7 Home 64-bit operating systems have a maximum memory cap at 8GB.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi, kieferschild

i know Win7 have but I posses Win 10 :)
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Give this a read, it will still apply to 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/978610

Helpful
+0
plus moins
I have read this thing ealier and it as I said didn't helped much, my win is 64 of course, otherwise I would know hwere the problem is. My motherboard is gigabyte 990xa-ud3
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Have you got the latest BIOS version?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Im not sure about that, altrough FB and as I see there are 3 more... altrough I don't know how to update BIOS, could you explain or should try to find how to myself and then tell if something changed ?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
If you go here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3901#dl

Enter your product and it will let you download the latest BIOS version.

To get the BIOS version you need to go into the BIOS. During startup type F2 or DEL to get into the BIOS.

once you're in there it should be displayed on the first page.

Compare that to what is available to download from Gigabytes website.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Ok so basicly my Motherboard rev is 3.0 not 1 and my BIOS is FD
kieferschild 2343Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus August 11, 2017 Last seen - Oct 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Check this version against the latest version on the support website to see if your BIOS is outdated.
Voliar 17Posts Friday October 2, 2015Registration date October 5, 2015 Last seen - Oct 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Only Beta driver is above mine
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Can you open Task Manager

Go to performance

go to resource monitoring

go to the memory tab and see how much is being used by hardware reserved.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Here I have made a print screen of memory tab for you http://i.imgur.com/jATThqs.png?1
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Can you click "open resource monitor" at the bottom of that page and send me the screenshot of that.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Here you are http://i.imgur.com/dAJUySS.png?1
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Well there is your missing 8GB.

It is being used by your hardware.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I not really understand, it is something bad ? What I can do to change that to make it use all of it ? or it will just do it all by itself and just take when it need ?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hardware reserved memory is used by the motherboard, GPU etc.

It can also depend on how big your page file is. Press Windows + X and go to System. Then go to Advanced System Settings and then Settings under Performance. Click the Advanced tab and where it says virtual memory - How much does it say it's using?

In the BIOS there will be an option to specify how much memory the graphics can use. Id start by looking in there.

I've also read that It could be a motherboard issue (issue with your sticks or slots).

Maybe you should take out all the memory and added them one by one and check the combination.

I can see your motherboard as 4 slots. They're in pairs of blue and white.

How many memory modules are you using? 4 x 4GB?

Are they all the same model?

You need to pair them, white white and blue blue.

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Okey so Virtual memory set there is 1920 mb

In BIOS I can't find anywhere how much memory it can use but I maybe just don't know what im looking for

and I have 2x 8GB Hyperx 1866 hz Those sticks are exactly the same and I have them in slot 1 and 2 (Yes same model)
Helpful
+0
plus moins
You'll have memory slots on your motherboard like this:

A1
B1
A2
B2

You need to ensure your memory is seated in pairs.

A1 + A2
B1 + B2

In your case, the slots are coloured.

make sure the memory is in the same colour.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Also, in the BIOS:

"Various manufacturers use different types of software to handle system BIOS setting options. Consequently, finding the correct menu option for changing onboard video card memory settings may be easier with some models than with others. Nevertheless, the menu option you need to use to change the graphics adapter memory settings should be in "Advanced," "Advanced Chipset" "Advanced Features" or other similarly named section of the menu. You can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate to the correct menu option or click the header if the system BIOS supports use of a mouse."

should be set to the following:

RAM > Recommended Video Memory
2GB > 256MB
4GB > 512MB
8GB or more > 1024MB or more

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Ok I have placed Ram in A1 and A2 what should I do now ?

@Edit: I didn't yet did what you said in second post as I posted while you posted in, give me a moment.
ac3mark 7558Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus August 11, 2017 Last seen - Oct 2, 2015 at 08:40 PM
The ram has to be of same type, or if different, move to b1.

If I may Lord Kieferschild....Thank you sir!

Boot with one stick....if you are not trying to meet minimum ram to build!
1 2 Next

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?