New pen drive, all new folders create a shortcut folder...?

Closed
vickib Posts 1 Registration date Friday October 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Oct 2, 2015 at 03:03 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 2, 2015 at 04:20 PM
I've been trying for 3 days to figure this out...
I bought a new 32GB Transcend pen drive, and was doing a ''send to'' import of pictures from my hard drive folders to the pen drive, as a back up for the pictures. All the folders I created in the pen drive converted themselves to shortcut folders, and I can't delete any of them without formatting the pen drive. I can't even move individual photos once imported to the pen drive (when not specifying on the ''move to'' when sending from the hard drive to the pen drive).

Multiple you tube video tutorials haven't been able to help, seems they all deal with locating lost data on the pen drive (a shortcut virus is what I'm coming up with online). I don't have lost data (yet!), and have never had an issue with the other pen drives that I've used.

Is this an infected pen drive (it's new), or a hard drive issue?

Help, please!!
Thanks in advance, Vicki
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 2, 2015 at 04:20 PM
Hello,
# Download USB Fix
  • Launch it, a shortcut will be created on your desktop.

• Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow
    Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, sd cards external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will lose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analyzed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/

Ambucias
Moderator / Virus Security Contributor