Facebook White Screen of Death

Closed
Galley_Queen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2015 - Oct 7, 2015 at 04:24 PM
Galley_Queen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2015 - Oct 8, 2015 at 08:02 AM
It's been almost three weeks now and I'm getting the white screen of death from FB. I've tried everything I have found on the net (clearing cache/history, different browsers, etc.) but nothing works...EXCEPT...for some reason I can get to a mobile version of FB (I'm using my PC, not mobile) by googling "Facebook", and then clicking on "Welcome to Facebook" which immediately brings me to my page. Unfortunately, it's only a partial page and I cannot get "Home". I can see Notifications, Photos, Friends, and even Settings etc., but no timeline and no Home. Many suggestions I read require the person to login to FB - but that's the problem - you can't login. No facebook.com link will let me in except as noted above. I have reported the problem every single day but only get the standard response with no actual help. Glad I'm not PAYING for a page with this problem!! And I've yet to find ANY EXPLANATION from FB or others as to why this happens in the first place. Any help?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2015 at 06:52 PM
Is the time correct on your PC? Are you logged into any other devices, like phones or work PC's? If you have cleared the cache, how does the page know it is you?
Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2015 at 06:53 PM
the providers page says here:https://www.facebook.com/notes/tonton/how-to-clear-your-browsers-cache/307855549225727 to make certain that you have a check mark in some of the boxes, have you made certain you did this when clearing your cache?
Galley_Queen Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday October 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2015
Oct 8, 2015 at 08:02 AM
My time is correct - I don't know how it knows me after clearing the cache - and even when I log out, going back to the Welcome to Facebook link still immediately logs me in to what looks to be a mobile phone screen. I went as far as to reinstall Firefox and still no luck. I'm not logged in with any other PC or mobile phone. And regarding the providers page link, I can't get there although I have reviewed Firefox instructs. (I can't get anywhere in FB unless I do as described above - a 'back door' so to speak.) :(