Hp laptop boots to bios

Closed
Andrew - Oct 8, 2015 at 09:32 PM
 andrew - Oct 9, 2015 at 02:40 PM
My hp laptops screen shattered so i plugged it into a monitor and then after i got that working i wanted to go into my bios but then the bios screen would not show up on my monitor so i turned off the computer hoping when i turn it back on that it would boot normal but it boots the the bios so i figured if i took out the cmos battery it would reset but nope it stilled booted to the bios so i now tried to take out the ram and the cmos battery but it stilled booted to the bios i am like what the hell please help asap
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 9, 2015 at 02:44 AM
Hi Andrew,

So is it possible to enter in the BIOS menu or the booting freezes, without being able to do anything? If you are able to enter BIOS, check if every component is correctly recognized, especially the hard drive.
What happened with your laptop's screen? If the laptop has received some physical damage, it is likely that other components are damaged too. I would consult a technician in order to check the motherboard.

Hope this helps

i cant see the the screen on the bios the only reason i know its booting the the bios is that the monitor is black and a small part of the laptop screen is still visible and i can tell its in the bios i just cant see enough of it to navigate my way around the bios