Toshiba Satelite L50-A black screen with cursor

Solved/Closed
gmdel - Oct 22, 2015 at 09:04 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 22, 2015 at 01:50 PM
Hello,

SOLVED

So I have a Toshiba satelite L50-A and a few days ago it needed to be updated, after the update the computer has not been working. After the logo screen I get to the login screen where I can enter my password but after that it just stays a black screen where I can move my cursor around. So I know the monitor isn't damaged because the logo and login screen work fine, and once in the black screen I can ctrl+alt+del and use that function. I have read in a few places to remove the battery and whatnot, but with this model the battery is not removable (unless maybe you open up inside the computer which I wouldn't want to damage by trying). Another suggestion is in ctrl+alt+del task manager it mentioned something about running explorer from the processes section but it is not there. How in the world do I fix this issue because I am no longer under warranty ?!? please and thank you!

P.S I believe it is running windows 8 or possibly higher

EDIT: i fonally found the explorer.exe in one of the task manager tabs and deleted it and then re added it and now it works!!!!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Oct 22, 2015 at 01:50 PM
good to know