WD My Passport 0740 Not Seen in Windows Explorer

Solved/Closed
safaxe Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 25, 2015 - Oct 25, 2015 at 12:00 PM
 PiranhaBait - Feb 29, 2016 at 01:53 PM
Good Morning!

Please help! I have an external hard drive, WD Passport 0740 that was working fine until now. The computer sees it when I plug it in (because I get the option to eject it), I can also see it in device manager, but I can't see it in Windows Explorer and thus, can't access the files. Through device manager, I was able to update the driver software, uninstalled it, then did a "scan for hardware changes" through which I reinstalled it and it says that the driver is working fine, but... I can`t see it in Windows Explorer.
These are all my kids' pictures, my documents,... recovered on that hard drive after a my laptop crashed. Please help!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Oct 25, 2015 at 04:34 PM
After plugging in the device, go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to your PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the USB drive and restart your system.
Try connecting the device again