Windows has detected file system corruption on local disk (C: )

Closed
ZeGamer - Nov 6, 2015 at 04:18 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 6, 2015 at 07:05 PM
Today I was playing a game and my computer randomly shut off... ignoring it I tried playing again. This time alt-tabbing out of game it crash right after doing so. I went in and checked my components for overheating but that didn't seem to be a problem as it was barely reaching over 50°C.

After this I just browsed the Web and looking through posts to see if it was a component problem. Some people recommended to see if everything was up to date. I ended up finding out about MSI Live update 6. I started updating my bios and long story short my computer shut off. at first it would not boot into windows at all... about ten minuets later I went to boot it up again it booted up to the windows auto repair.

After trying to set back before I Uninstalled a program it gave me an error saying "The disk local disk (C: ) has errors." Then it says "Windows has detected file system corruption on local disk (C: ), you must check for errors before restoring." After clicking check for errors now it says "windows has found errors on this drive that need to be repaired, close this dialogue box and repair drive."

I am not sure what to do and could use some help. NOTE: I HAVE TRIED TO RUN CHKDSK AND IT CAME UP WITH ERRORS BUT WHEN TRYING TO USE CHKDSK /f /r /t or whatever It did not fix anything. I could really use the help.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 6, 2015 at 07:05 PM
Well, what OS do you have? When you ran chkdsk /f, did you have to restart it?