Want windows 10 back...HELP!!! [Closed]

Ask a question KiyoQuinten 2Posts Saturday November 14, 2015Registration date November 14, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Feb 29, 2016 at 02:57 AM by bradpitt3423
Hai. So my friend got me to get linux ubuntu, and i like it but I want windows 10 back and it seems ive tried everything it got rid of it. If anyone can help me please and i got the installion on a usb but when i go to do it is say missing a perition disk. Please help...
See more 
Helpful
+1
plus moins
This is likely due to the fact the drive is formatted in a Linux file system (like EXT4)

You would have to completely remove any non-windows partitions on the drive before windows will let you install. (or at least have 1 accessible FAT32 or NTFS partitions with enough space for the windows setup files)
I suggest a Linux Live disk (like the ubuntu installer) use gparted, remove any partitions on the drive and win10 setup should just see a drive with 100% unallocated space and create whatever partitions it needs.

Hope this is helpful.
Was this answer helpful?  
KiyoQuinten 2Posts Saturday November 14, 2015Registration date November 14, 2015 Last seen - Nov 14, 2015 at 06:48 PM
Is there any videos that i could watch to help with that?
xpcman 17318Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus May 23, 2017 Last seen - Nov 15, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Perhaps this one will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8t2ZXOMGKY
bradpitt3423 1Posts Monday February 29, 2016Registration date February 29, 2016 Last seen - Feb 29, 2016 at 02:57 AM
If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?