Audio Driver Problem?

Solved/Closed
Christian - Nov 15, 2015 at 02:58 PM
 Christian - Nov 15, 2015 at 03:25 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. Please let me know if you'd like me to move it and where you'd like me to put it.

I have a severe recurring problem. I'll do my best to describe it.

Once every three to four weeks something goes wrong in my laptop. The only way I have found to fix it is to restore it to factory settings.

The symptoms are;

sound not working.
This is the big one which is why I think it must be something to do with the audio drivers. I can get no sound out on any level (yes I've tried volume), no downloaded music will play, facebook videos play but are silent, the computer seems to think its making noise but there's nothing coming out of the speakers or headphones if they're plugged in.

Videos not play;
Youtube videos have a strange way of failing. They buffer, play for a second with no sound, cut out, buffer again, play for a second, cut to 'an error has occurred' message.

Videogames won't play,
They kind of play, but there's no sound and they're sloooooow, so so so slow.

There's probably more stuff but that's the things that are affecting me.

As I say, this problem is recurring. First time it happened I ignored it and it was fine the next day. Week later it lasted a few days before fixing itself, two weeks later it wouldn't fix itself so I restored factory settings and it was fine for maybe a month before staring again, this time not fixing itself ever. I've now had to restore factory settings maybe ten times and I'm so sick of spending three hours a month fixing everything. Please, PLEASE, if you can work out what is wrong I will love you forever.

My laptop is a budget piece of rubbish and my computer literacy is only a slither above zero so please be kind. Thank you for your time.

Christian.

Related:

1 response

Fixed it myself from another website's advice. In case anyone is having the same problem;

Start

Run

'services.msc'

then select

'window's audio'

right click

select 'restart'.

Hope this helps someone else.