WD - My Passport Connected but not detected

Closed
sampath - Nov 16, 2015 at 09:58 PM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Nov 17, 2015 at 04:09 AM
Hello,

My hard disk is not getting deducted.
1. When i connect to my laptop sound comes from Hard disk and the light is blinking.
2. Is it damaged?
3. Is there any chance to get my data from it.

Please help me. All the important doc. with that HD.

Thanks

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Nov 17, 2015 at 04:09 AM
Hey there, sampath.

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your drive. Did you notice anything unusual prior to this issue (low transfer speed, unusual sounds/noises, etc)? Is the drive detected in Device Manager or Disk Management and if "yes", what does it say about its partitions (you can post screenshots)?
I'd recommend that you try the drive with a different USB cable (preferably shorter than 12") and a different computer, to see if the same thing happens. If you are still unable to get it to show up, I'd suggest that you try accessing it via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD, to see if it's properly recognized and if you can get to your files. Another option would be to try out some data recovery programs. However your best and most reliable option would be a professional solution, such as a data recovery company: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=oIoyoM

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD