Dual USB drive files can't be viewed

Solved/Closed
gelai - Nov 22, 2015 at 10:44 AM
BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 - Nov 22, 2015 at 05:53 PM
Hi, I would like to seek my problem regarding my dual USB drive. I am using this in my smartphone for 2 months and when I inserted it last week, my files can't be viewed. When I tried it on a laptop, all the folders are in shortcut. I copied all the files and I format my USB drive. When I paste it back, the files are good but with extra shortcut folder and a logo of BAT file. What will I do to view my files again in my phone?
Related:

2 responses

BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 14
Nov 22, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Gelai,

Probably what you are running into is a virus/malware that has encrypted all your files. You will not be able to view them unless if it is decrypted or recovered.
I would recommend the following:
- install antivirus/anti malware software on your phone and run a scan to delete any unwanted activities. You can find free good software.
- After your system is clean, try to install one of the recovery software such as "Zero Assumption Recovery" or other.
- Try to set auto backup for your important files that you don't want to loose or to get in the hand of cyber criminals.

Good Luck.
Can you please tell me the best antivirus and recovery software to be installed. I don't know anything about these stuffs. Thank you so much for helping.
BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 14
Nov 22, 2015 at 02:48 PM
Gelai,

For Android, you can download from Play store :
- Antivirus: AVAST "Mobile Security and Antivirus".
- Anti-Malware: "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware".

Both of them are for free.
If you need more help, please let me know.
Thank you for helping me. I can now open and view my files using my phone. I didn't install recovery software anymore only antivirus. I also scanned and fixed my USB from my friend's laptop.
Nov 22, 2015 at 05:53 PM
Glad I could help.