Playstation 3 won't obtain the IP address

Solved
someone better than all - Updated on Jun 16, 2017 at 02:49 AM
 Tita - Apr 12, 2023 at 03:05 PM
Hello, I just got my ps3 back and I have set everything up the way I think it says to but my ps3 won't obtain the IP address. It says "the key information exchange timed out" and won't go any further than that. I don't know if I should use the IP server and if I should then what do I put in? I'm not all that good all this crazy stuff and I need someones help so please I just need to know how to set up a wireless connection
Related:

10 responses

hi all,
I had the same issue so what I did was the following

before doing this switch off your router for 30 secs and then switch it back on..
  • a) instead of selecting easy choose custom when on connection settings
  • b) scan through and do not make any changes allowing it to select everything automatically
  • c) when going through the connections let it check your DNS server, I.P address automatically

check connection settings and your done

the difference is most people select easy, but in this case you need to select custom and go through the options without making any changes

just a long winded way of doing it but worked for me, it may not work for all off you but worth a try
You my friend are a genius!
Once I had an internet connection on my ps3.but its just gon off saying it wont find an IP address even tho I hav 100% connection to the wirless box