Ask a question Report

No audio output device is installed [Solved/Closed]

Joti - Latest answer on Jan 11, 2013 09:22PM
Hello,
no audio output device is installed. Ive pretty much tried everything: driver cd, system restore, device manager, uninstall and reinstall all versions of realtek audio driver.
So my question is can i just get a new sound card, do you think that will solve my problem??? if yes what do you recommend, and how do i do it. Im runnig a dell with windows vista (crap).
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Read more 
Answer
+50
moins plus
I just did by clicking inside the sounds menu, where there used to be speakers and now saying no sound system detected, right click in that box, and it will tell you to enable the sound system on your pc or laptop. once enabled then its good to go. Do not install any other drivers cos just a waste of time and money.
Send me an email if you need more assistance

thornlessrose- Jul 10, 2010 02:22PM
i triedthe same as the person abov me but NO DEVICES SHOWED . hel please ?~
JJ- Sep 8, 2011 07:21PM
what i did was go to add hardware search sound and chose a sound driver
JJ- Sep 8, 2011 07:22PM
what i did was go to control panel click classic view clicked add hardware den clickd sound and then donwloaded a sound driver
bittu- Dec 21, 2012 09:17AM
ITs stil nr working :( 'm struck wit this more than 15 days..
nube- Jan 11, 2013 09:22PM
Hi, i also got the 'no devices showed' thing but when you right click it will show the devices that were disabled...then you just have to enable it.
Answer
+5
moins plus
I did a simple system restore to a point I was sure that I still had the sound... and it worked.

Answer
+2
moins plus
ffs, i restarted my computer and it worked
and the dell people were trying to charge me $60

Answer
+1
moins plus
first try to download new driver software for ur dell pc according to the system model. try it again.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I have a temporary solution.

NOTHING else has worked for me.

Try:

#1: Restarting your laptop numerous times with the BATTERY OUT until the sound appears (at the windows music screen).

OR

#2: Restarting your laptop numerous times ONLY WITH THE BATTERY (NO POWER CORD) until sound appears.

This document entitled « no audio output device is installed » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.