I want to build intelligent excel [Solved]

Ask a question nullun 7Posts Monday December 21, 2015Registration date January 3, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Dec 21, 2015 10:56AM
Task is:
For example I have list of different fruits in cells in separate rows
Apple
Pear
Plum
I want the data to be copied to third cell, if second has x in it
example:
Apple
Pear
Plum
I put x next to Apple
Apple x
Pear
Plum
Then Apple will be copied to third column
as
Apple x Apple
Pear
Plum
Thank you for assisting me.
See more 
Helpful
+6
moins plus
Nullun,

Try the foolowing formula in the 3rd column:
=IF(B2="x",A2,"")

Best regards,
Trowa
nullun 7Posts Monday December 21, 2015Registration date January 3, 2016 Last seen - Dec 21, 2015 10:47AM
thanks !
Add comment
Helpful
+5
moins plus
in the 3rd column:
=if(A2="X",A1,"")

drag this down the rest of the rows
nullun 7Posts Monday December 21, 2015Registration date January 3, 2016 Last seen - Dec 21, 2015 10:46AM
works like a charm, thanks
Add comment
Helpful
+2
moins plus
by the way.. what is the thing, my excel wants ";" mark ----- he doesnt like commas -- when i copy-paste your offered formulas, excel pop-ups somekind of error message.. i have to change commas to semi-colons
TrowaD 1989Posts Sunday September 12, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus September 27, 2016 Last seen - Dec 21, 2015 10:55AM
Don't know the exact criteria, but I believe it has something to do with language or region.
I'm using a Dutch version and my Excel also requires ";" as separator. But most people here require the "," as separator, so that is what I post.
nullun 7Posts Monday December 21, 2015Registration date January 3, 2016 Last seen - Dec 21, 2015 10:56AM
thanks, thats, what i thought too - I am Estonian, myself. you are very helpful.
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!