ASUS a55a won't boot up black screen

Closed
stevelock - Dec 22, 2015 at 02:13 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Helo, I have a Asus A55A -AH51-RD when I turn it on I get no screen just black no arrow nothing.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Hello stevelock,

Do the hard drive and the fan spin up at the time when you get the black screen? If they do probably the problem with your lap is due to the failure of the video chip. In situations like this it's recommended connecting the laptop to an external monitor to see will there be any video signal going out from the laptop. If it does go out, then there's need for LCD inverter replacement. Sometimes, after much of a use and less cooling the graphics processor which is responsible for video signal transmission get unsolders, the thermic paste goes away and it gets unsoldered, therefore the screen doesn't show anything. If you possess knowledge of notebooks' hardware you can change the paste yourself by opening the laptop and check if the chipset that is next to the processor has got unsoldered or you can bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again.

Hope this helps. Cheers.