Transferring photos from mobile to MacBookPro...

Solved/Closed
LittleDrummerBoy Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 27, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2015 - Dec 27, 2015 at 10:02 PM
askforme123 Posts 17 Registration date Monday December 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 - Dec 29, 2015 at 03:58 PM
Hello...I am keen to learn how to transfer photos etc from Samsung S4 mobile to MacBookPro laptop...
With Much Appreciation...
Related:

3 responses

julianm Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday December 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 4
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM
If the USB cable doesn't work from scratch, you'd try to transfer the files using the official Samsung SmartSwitch.

Method #1: USB Cable
Install SmartSwitch in your computer and make sure it is installed in your smartphone.

Then, connect the USB Cable from your smartphone to your computer and run SmartSwitch. It should detect that the phone is connected.

Now, run a complete Backup and wait until the process finishes. It could take a while, depending on the number of photos or information you have.

Once completed, you'd need to find the folder where SmartSwitch saves all the backups. A new backup folder is created each time, but inside you can find all the information that you had in your mobile, including a folder with photos!
Tip: you can use Finder and list all the files in your computer All Files, and then order by date created or added. This way you can find where the files were saved.

Method #2: Wireless Transfer
Alternatively, you may try to transfer the files wirelessly either via Wifi or Bluetooth, ES File Manager can help. However, bluetooth approach can be really slow if you have too many files to transfer.

Method #3: Using the Cloud
Another 3rd. approach could be to synchronize all your files via Dropbox and then use the Dropbox Desktop tool in your Mac to get the files saved in your Dropbox account.

Lastly, sometimes the USB cable doesn't work because you need to enable the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) protocol to transfer files. You'd try to use the Developer tools in your smartphone to get this working. But try first to use the previous listed methods before trying this one, please.
You are very helpful...i am feeling pleased
julianm Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday December 2, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 4 > Pearly
Dec 29, 2015 at 12:01 PM
You're welcome. I'll appreciate if you can upvote the reply if you liked it. Thanks.
askforme123 Posts 17 Registration date Monday December 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 7
Dec 29, 2015 at 03:58 PM
thanks for the info Julianm
askforme123 Posts 17 Registration date Monday December 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 7
Dec 29, 2015 at 04:41 AM
Hi Little Drummer boy , this is what I think you should do ... get the charger chord from your tablet and connect it with your mac book pro and then wait a few seconds and should get to you on your tablet do you trust this device and it it will say the name of your device . Then tap trust and then it should get a little box with a few options click on the one that says import photos and you choose the photos you want to import and it will start importing bye ☺
I do actually have some other frustrations...with the photo sideload...have been very patient...but issue is not resolving as i thought it wood...
askforme123 Posts 17 Registration date Monday December 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2015 7 > Pearly
Dec 29, 2015 at 04:50 AM
Explain and I could help
Just a bit rusty on a procedure that i havent attempted for a few years...i dont think you can help...thanks anyway...
Dec 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM
no problem