Toshiba satellite randomly started turning off by itself

Closed
landscape123 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2016 - Jan 6, 2016 at 01:42 AM
gueyebamba2 Posts 87 Registration date Monday August 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2016 - Jan 6, 2016 at 09:09 AM
Hello my name is alex,
My toshiba laptop has been acting very strange the past week.
1) it just randomly started turning off by itself.
2) im always having to reset the time and date settings back to the correct time.i have to do it everytime i get on my laptop ( just recently) the time zone is correct, i have it running with the i ternet.... everything im suppose to be doing i am.
3 now whenever i go to turn my laptop on, nothing happens.... BUT this is the weird thing
... the only way im able to turn my competer on is.. put the computer in my lap, center the laptop on my knee and push and hold the power button and push down on both sides of my computer! Not easy either, the computer bends makes crackin sounds... something is not right at all! I have tried factory reset, tested the battery, took the back off the computer and checked out the motherboard.. i have ran out of options and do not know the next step to do, i have seriously researchrd, read, tried with the best of my ability and knowledge..with all that said, is there anyway you could please give me advice, other ways to try and fix it?
Thanks alot
Alex
Related:

3 responses

gueyebamba2 Posts 87 Registration date Monday August 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2016 10
Jan 6, 2016 at 02:04 AM
hi buddy,

Is it a laptop or a computer cause am really lost in your message!!!
for the date and time it's probably a problem wise your CMOS battery ( pile cmos), not connected or need to be change. For the tunning off suddenly I guess your laptop have a lot of dust on the fan so its getting heat, need to be clearn up!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 6, 2016 at 04:59 AM
Hi

Looks very much like a motherboard power supply issue to which only a qualified technician can look into.

Good luck
landscape123 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2016
Jan 6, 2016 at 07:36 AM
It keeps turning off on its own. You have to put pressure on the laptop just to get ot to turn on. Last week it worked great. The fan is clean avtually no dust at all. I cant get it to do anything this morning! It wont even read the charger. Ill take it somewhere, thanks alot man
gueyebamba2 Posts 87 Registration date Monday August 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2016 10
Jan 6, 2016 at 09:09 AM
yeah I guess the best solution is to go to the computer shop cause you have a hardware problem..