Cannot set default, access denied [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question 1953Cinderella 1Posts Friday January 8, 2016Registration date January 8, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Jan 8, 2016 02:57PM
After a recent Windows 7 (Ultimate) update, I cannot print. When I try I get the message that I must set a default printer. My printer has disappeared from 'Devices and Printers'. If I am printing at a time when the print dialog box appears, I can find my printer in the drop down and choose it and print. I have been told 'access denied'. I have tried 1. reinstalling my printer several times, including updating drivers 2. System Restore 3. Read instructions on how to fix the registry - but I am not savvy enough to understand this. 4. Right click my computer, computer manager, local uses and groups, and I enable every one. What is next to try?
See more 
Helpful
+4
moins plus
what is the printer make and model?
1953cinderella- Jan 8, 2016 02:57PM
Epson c88...... however I kept at it until I fixed it. I went into the administrator account and loaded the printer from the desk and set it as default. I also shared it with my regular profile.. Then I went back to my account and installed the printer again and when I finish it was there where I could see it and it was already set as default. I am printing now. Thank you so much for answering me.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?