How to remove msn messenger 9.0

Solved/Closed
Gleni_gold - Apr 13, 2009 at 03:35 AM
 integrity1 - Jul 20, 2010 at 03:00 PM
Hello,
I want to unistall windows live messenger 9.0 but i cant... i go to control panel - add/remove program but windows live messenger isn't there... when i install windows live messenger 8.5 say : Warning you have a newer version of windows live messenger ... unistall newer version and download again the 8.5 version please help me how to remove msn 9.0...thnx
Related:

10 responses

Go to start\ run and type in this in the command to uninstall everything: "msiexec /x {0AAA9C97-74D4-47CE-B089-0B147EF3553C}" without the "".
Hi i just got mu pc reformat & i had messenger version 4.5 on it. I recently downloaded the new version of windows messenger 2009 but it doesn't work!!

So i deleted the folder in program files & i even removed it in add or remove programs. But when i'm trying to download messenger 8.1, it says you already have a newer version of messenger!!

Please help me!
Context > Karan
Jun 5, 2009 at 01:52 PM
Go to my website and http://medlem.spray.se/context/Program.php

This will work 100 procent correct..

Some files of Windows Live Messenger are always left one computer even if you had uninstalled that program !
This program removes all files that had came with that program and other !!

When i tried to remove exemple Adobe Dreamweaver CS 3, i had tried many kinds of uninstallers for programs..
This uninstall program works when it is registerd !!
Thanks man it worked!
Ive tried to uninstall messenger 9 and i used your advice of going to start then run and entering in the link i did that and it says that the recourse i am using is unavailable.It sayds i have to brouse it.what can i doplease help me ?
Context > Sarah-Jayne
Jun 20, 2009 at 02:17 PM
That sounds bad if you had damage your installer/uninstaller..

Have you tried also to download new version and see what happens ??
Well if you have windows 7 go into the windows icon at the bottom of the screen, then go into control panel. Now just look about and you should see unistall programe, and that should be at the bottom of the open window. Now you should see unistal programe near the top, click on that. Ok now it should come up with all your diffrent items and just look for windows live essentilas. Press that and you should just see all the windows live items that you have on your computer. At the top you should see windows live mesenger click on the that and then unistall and that should take windows live messinger off you computer.
i cant see window live messenger only window live essential, sign-in-assistant,sync and upload stool and i cant find the window live messenger in install file i use window 7 plss help me ... if anyone know i need your responce just email me in jzon_tan17@yahoo.com thnx for ,who want to help me..
thanks so much!
Thanks for the easy steps to remove messenger.
THANK YOU! I feel so silly as it has taken me months to uninstall msn messenger!!
thank you.. I didnt know it was hidden in "essentials" awesome!
To stop MSN messanger from starting up, click on search, trype: msconfig go to start up go to windows live un click the tic, then apply, click ok, then it will ask you to reboot, should be done
That ms config is good to control programs if one of them is causing conflics with your computer
i cant uninstall it anyway

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Excellent m8. The perfect uninstaller did the trick nicely. Amazing the link is still up (march 2010)!

;)
it's wonderful lol......thanks.....
hello,,, thanks alot, its wonderfull solution... thnkx
i want to uninstall window live 9
Windows Live Messenger Uninstaller v0.01 should remove any broken Windows Live Messenger Version with a clean uninstall. You can find the description and download here:

http://blog.eddsn.com/2009/12/windows-live-messenger-uninstaller-v0-01/
wgweg