Monitor no signal input BUT peripherals don't work either.

Closed
Keane005 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday January 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2016 - Jan 14, 2016 at 02:27 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 14, 2016 at 05:02 PM
So I had this issue before about a 3 months ago where one day my pc was working okay and the next it doesn't post and no matter what cables I try what methods I've seen suggested just don't seem to work. So I ordered new parts : Motherboard and CPU and during the install everything went as planned until today. Same issue once again, Nothing happened to my Pc no falls no damage just wake up one morning and No signal found, immediately noticed my peripherals weren't lighting up after a couple of attempts changing ports etc still nothing.

So what I've tried: I've reset the CMOS to no success. I've taken out my GPU and attempted booting with the motherboard. I've refit the Ram and made sure nothing was left unplugged. On each power up the fans start, i see some light from my Mobo or GPU, I hear my hdd every time.

I'm really lost for solutions, there doesn't appear to have any physical damage I can see on the MOBO and while I might get PSU suspicion this is the same PSU I used on my last build and it worked perfect up until today. The MOBO and CPU were the suspects in the last case but it seems so unreal that it's the case again I spent all my savings on these new parts and i can't afford to be spending/losing anymore. If anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it thank you.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 14, 2016 at 05:02 PM
Double check your cable connections (to the monitor, both ends). Perfomr this test: Pull out all ram, and boot. Did you get beeping? Put in one stick at a time and boot.

Do you have another monitor, or PC to test with? Make certain monitor works on something. Make certain that video mode by MOBO is supported by monitor. It is possible your MOBO is set for a video mode your monitor cannot support.