Toshiba laptop won't turn on, black screen... [Solved]

Ask a question markobog 1Posts Friday January 15, 2016Registration date January 15, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on Oct 30, 2016 at 03:37 PM
I've got toshiba satellite p75-a7200 and it won't start up.

It all started when I accidentally plugged the laptop off the charger while the battery was taken off. It just didn't want to start on the first try. Then I've tried unplugging it and holding the power button for 1-3min and nothing happend when I tried to power it on, still black screen. Then I've repeated the process serval times and I've got it to work. The next few days it worked flawlessly.

Yesterday while I was going to bed I restarted my laptop, the next morning I found it not booted only black screen tried the steps I've done before and no luck.

This happened me two years ago and because I had warranty sent it to factory they fix it. Now I don't have warranty and I want to be sure that there is nothing I can do before I take it to someone to repair it. Please help me to turn it on, black screen and no backlight no Toshiba logo nothing, only the led laps shoving that it's powered on and that it's got power.
See more 
Helpful
+9
moins plus
If you have greenlight on battery, and no boot, then you can try the battery trick.

you must unplug the ac power convertor. Unplug it so it makes two parts, and unplug it from the wall. Set it aside.

Take your laptop, and take the battery out. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Now put it all back together, and try it. If it works, it works. If it doesn't you must take it to a technician!

ac3mark 6216Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus December 7, 2016 Last seen - Apr 25, 2016 at 04:32 PM
What type of laptop? What is the model number I mean? You should not have to turn screw for batteries!
cfa- Aug 25, 2016 at 11:37 AM
thank you worked
Genob66- Sep 13, 2016 at 09:30 AM
Toshiba Portege x30 no access for battery removal has two screw either side of a transmittor
ac3mark 6216Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus December 7, 2016 Last seen - Sep 15, 2016 at 07:30 PM
If you have to unscrew screws for the battery, it is a netbook variant, and those things will not be rectified by this method or procedure. Those devices are built to break. If it doesn't boot, take it back, or save for a new one!
Dave- Sep 29, 2016 at 01:37 PM
Worked for me
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
Oh my gosh it worked. Pressing the power button after battery was pulled out and unplugged from wall. Thank you.
ac3mark 6216Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus December 7, 2016 Last seen - Mar 18, 2016 at 04:13 PM
Rite ON! That is what we like to HEAR! Thank you for the feedback!
Barb- Mar 18, 2016 at 04:18 PM
Bummer didn't work for me :'(
ac3mark 6216Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus December 7, 2016 Last seen - Mar 18, 2016 at 04:20 PM
You need a technician then. Did you take the power cord apart to make two pieces?
Nate- Jul 1, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Thanks guys for a nice tip.
Add comment
Helpful
+0
moins plus
My Toshiba Satellite would not turn on. on button lit up but black screen. This went on for several days until I opened the dvd drawer and suddenly everything was ok!
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?