Toshiba laptop won't turn on

Solved/Closed
markobog Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 15, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2016 - Updated on Jun 15, 2017 at 02:09 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 3, 2017 at 04:30 PM
I've got toshiba satellite p75-a7200 and it won't start up.

It all started when I accidentally plugged the laptop off the charger while the battery was taken off. It just didn't want to start on the first try. Then I've tried unplugging it and holding the power button for 1-3min and nothing happend when I tried to power it on, still black screen. Then I've repeated the process serval times and I've got it to work. The next few days it worked flawlessly.

Yesterday while I was going to bed I restarted my laptop, the next morning I found it not booted only black screen tried the steps I've done before and no luck.

This happened me two years ago and because I had warranty sent it to factory they fix it. Now I don't have warranty and I want to be sure that there is nothing I can do before I take it to someone to repair it. Please help me to turn it on, black screen and no backlight no Toshiba logo nothing, only the led laps shoving that it's powered on and that it's got power.
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2016 at 06:17 PM
If you have greenlight on battery, and no boot, then you can try the battery trick.

you must unplug the ac power convertor. Unplug it so it makes two parts, and unplug it from the wall. Set it aside.

Take your laptop, and take the battery out. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Now put it all back together, and try it. If it works, it works. If it doesn't you must take it to a technician!

I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!
My Toshiba laptop doesn't have where you can just slide the battery off. Has a square shape with a screw on it...if that is the battery. My Toshiba has the lighted keyboard. Is that the battery? Do I still need to open that and take it out?
Blocked Profile
Apr 25, 2016 at 04:32 PM
What type of laptop? What is the model number I mean? You should not have to turn screw for batteries!