Internet download manager crashes my wifi

Closed
bluetag Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2009 - Apr 13, 2009 at 02:17 PM
 Barzg - Sep 20, 2011 at 06:38 PM
Hello,

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 and connect to the internet through wifi at home. My cable modem and wireless router are both Linksys.

Here's my problem. I'm using Firefox 3.0.8 and installed an addon called Internet Download Manager (IDM).I heard that IDM will speed up my downloads. I setup my IDM to download link files from either rapidshare or megaupload.

I put in several links for IDM to download and the first 4-5 files in the download queue go fine and lightning fast. But then I start to see that the downloads slow down then stop.

I check my wifi connection and I'm still connected. I try to browse but the sites time out. So I'm thinking my internet might have gone down.

I wait for a couple of hours but I still can't browse (tried explorer also). I try to verify that I have internet and connect to my wifi through another laptop.I get through and get to use the internet.

I go back to my Dell laptop and repair the wifi connection. It tries to connect but stops at "Acquiring network address." I do this several time, and I even restart my laptop but stops at that message again.

I found a way to get back my wifi connection and internet. I had to turn off my wireless router and turn it back on, like a soft reset. My Dell gets to connect to my wifi and I have internet again.

When I try using IDM again to download files, the whole thing happens again and I have to soft reset my wifi router.

When I use IDM, my download speeds go as high as 2MB/sec. That's why I like using IDM. But if this problem starts after several files on the queue, then it's pointless to use if it crashes my internet connection.

Can anyone help resolve this IDM problem?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Related:

1 response

I had the same problem. I use Windows7, and AVG Internet Security 2012. I disabled AVG temporarily, and IDM started to download normally.
btw check this : http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/problems3.html