Ask a question Report

My facebook profile doesn't want to open...:( [Solved/Closed]

percy8 128Posts Wednesday February 20, 2008Registration date February 5, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Apr 12, 2013 05:55AM
Hello !! URGENT!!!!!!!!!! i'm not being able to join : Www.facebook.com !!!
My ping reply is : time out !!!
Is anybody out here facing the same problem ?? Is facebook server down or what?????
Read more 
Answer
+33
moins plus
Is the facebook server down or what? It was ok an hour ago and now I can't even get in to the home page, a message comes out saying "can't open the page "http://www.facebook.com/" because it can't find the server "www.facebook.com".

Is everyone experiencing the same problem? I'm able to access any other website but facebook.

Thanks

Joy- Apr 4, 2013 07:54PM
same here....we have the same problem...hope there's solution...pls...help us.....
Answer
+11
moins plus
Its very simple guys. Imagine there are many people trying to loggin at the same time, the server's optic cable gets busy fully, so u have to refresh and wait ur turn. as everybody is trying trying and trying again at the same time loL u just have an idea now. Facebook is expanding very fastly!

Answer
+8
moins plus
I have the same problem too. The only thing that helped me fix this problem was when i unplugged my wireless router. I hooked my cable modem to my computer then all of sudden the pages started working again. Somehow, my wireless router is the reason why some of the pages won't load on my computers. I wish i know the real solution to fix this problem but just try unplugging the wireless router and hook up your cable modem to your computer. If it's still not working then try contacting your provider.

Answer
+5
moins plus
does any one know the fix, its not a virus for sure. Only the Facebook, Hotmail having problem

Felipe- Aug 17, 2009 11:12AM
im facing the same problem facebook and hotmail doenst want to open .. how did u fix it ?
Answer
+5
moins plus
heey my fb dosent work aswell..some people say that is a terrorist that had crated an account and they closed it ..ogther people say they are making new things.. Watch the thing on bbc. it has some info.;)

Answer
+5
moins plus
just today i started receiving funny messages when trying to access Facebook. Everything loads alright but right before the next page loads (when I click links and stuff) then AVG, the antivirus software I use, gives me a message that says "accessed file is infected" , the file name is "static.ak.fbcdn.net/....." and the threat name is "exploit script obfuscation" (wtf?). I don't understand what is wrong since I can access all the pages i want. What is wrong is that I can't update anything......i tried deleting cookies, deleting unwanted programs, rebooting in safe mode and changing startup programs but nothing works. When scanning with AVG there are no viruses/threats detected.

Is this only temporary? Does anyone know what the deal is?

Vin- Nov 4, 2008 03:51AM
Cheese mate,

i am experiencing the same threat as you said exactly, at the moment i cant access anything in facebook coz every now and then a threat message pops up which is annoying. The temporary solution would be to go to the components of AVG and put the web shield to "inactive", not so sure whether it is a safe option. but it could take care of the threat messages from coming.

Cheers
Lovie- Nov 4, 2008 05:13AM
I had the same problem at home last night. Here at work facebook seems ok and a friend of mine tells me that he has no probs, although we all run the same version of AVG. Only difference between the others I know and myself is that I use wireless internet connection. is this significant?
prisha- Apr 12, 2013 05:55AM
i want to open facebook but no have choice.
Answer
+5
moins plus
I found how to solve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is using norton(any type get rid of it)

norton has a nasty compatability issue now and is blocking any login pages also get the norton remove to finall rid your system of its evil black magic

removal tool

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Answer
+4
moins plus
i'm experiencing the same problem! it was working just fine earlier and now i cant even get to the homepage! i thought it was just my computer but i tried all of my fams computers and its doing the same thing. maybe they're doing maintenance work?

Costenita- May 21, 2008 06:58PM
I did the same thing, so I guess maintenance will be it. Is weird because when any website is in maintenance they will usually let you enter home page and a message will be posted letting their users now about it.
maymuncuk- May 4, 2009 04:21PM
Here in the below site you can find your answer
www.maymuncuk.org
lala- May 29, 2009 12:35PM
i cant open www.facebook.com ,when i try appears on my screen that internet explorer cannot open webpage,same on mozila and opera...all other pages are working normaly except facebook...i have this problem for 3 days..
Answer
+2
moins plus
marshal dont say stupid things,they are not down...some people have problems with static.ak.facebook. and no one dont know how fix that.

Answer
+2
moins plus
static.ak.facebook doeasnt support simultaneous same demands in high quantity.. They might had setup the display limit by 5 minutes... Overloaded !!!

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hey, it's 8:34pm here and I was on facebook around 6pm and now it says it can't even find the webpage.... weird... it doesn't even recognize the address...

Answer
+2
moins plus
when I m trying to get to Facebook homepage....it says page load error...cannot open...but some how I got into a page from my history...
http://apps.facebook.com/nicknamethis/link_redirect.php
I am wondering if some kind of virus has been introduced to disturb the facebook users.....

Answer
+1
moins plus
I got the same thing! They're probably doing work, I was so scared, it just comes up with a search box because it can't find the server "www.facebook.com"! It makes me feel better that more people are having the same problem!

Answer
+1
moins plus
i'm the same guys, some of my mates are having no problems and i can't log in! Would reinstalling the OS really fix it????

can someone confirm this will work!?!? thanks!

:)

Answer
+1
moins plus
I have the same problem too. The only thing that helped me fix this problem was when i unplugged my wireless router. I hooked my cable modem to my computer then all of sudden the pages started working again. Somehow, my wireless router is the reason why some of the pages won't load on my computers. I wish i know the real solution to fix this problem but just try unplugging the wireless router and hook up your cable modem to your computer. If it's still not working then try contacting your provider.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I fixed it just by removing some of my unwanted applications (I didn't have THAT many even) but that seemed to fix the problem. I also cleaned out the startup area of my PC and rebooted it. I did solve it somehow, but I don't know exactly what was the cause. One of the applications I installed must've had some bad script, that's my guess.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Try switching off your modem and then back on again, it worked for me when i was having that problem

Answer
+0
moins plus
mhm some of friiend's prfiles don't opem, and now my page never loads either....... GRRRRRRRRR!!
vancouver, canada

mobs- Jun 29, 2008 02:39PM
open internet page >>go to tools>.click on internet options>>then click on advanced tab>>
reset IE setting >>
reboot the system
it will work
Answer
+0
moins plus
well I had that same problem too.First of all you guys make sure that the time and date of ur pc are correct.Then unplug your ISP cable or switch of your modem.Then Reboot your pc.I think it will solve the problem.
If the problem still persists then let me know!

Answer
+0
moins plus
hey there persy8,
i have faced the same problem on hi5 and also on facebook but this is due to the overload in the number of people who are connected so try it several time and it will surely work

nida- Nov 28, 2012 09:27AM
i have a problem my accont is not opening i was put a code through my cell number and to remove the code i deleted my number after that account is unable to open plz help me n give any solution i also send email to faace book they said open with recongnized device but i was not save any recongnized device so i m worry plzzz plzzz help me
1 2 Next
This document entitled « My facebook profile doesn't want to open...:( » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.