Help get Gmail account back

Solved/Closed
Static Happens - Jan 22, 2016 at 02:34 PM
StaticHappens Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2016 - Jan 22, 2016 at 08:57 PM
Hello,

My gmail account was deleted, but not by me! I created and used my gmail account for registering on Facebook 2 years ago, in 2013. Since then, whenever I try to actually log into my *****@gmail account, it tells me it's been deleted! Please help get it back! I definitely did not delete it! Thanks for any help with this!

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 22, 2016 at 04:40 PM
Hello

The only people who can help you are GMail:

Here is how to recover your password, (click this link)
https://ccm.net/faq/31449-how-to-recover-your-gmail-password
or
https://ccm.net/faq/9225-how-to-recover-gmail-account

On the other hand, if you have not used your Gmail account for over 30 days, it was probably deleted from the server. You must then create a new one, insuring that you note your password and security question and store it a safe place, remembering where the safe place is.
StaticHappens Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2016
Jan 22, 2016 at 06:13 PM
Thank you for the kind reply, Ambucia. I didn't forget my password, so that isn't an option for me, but thank you anyhow for providing me with a link for that.

I'm not sure why my email account was deleted in the first place. Perhaps it was that I did not login for the period of time that you stated, 30 days or more. I don't know. What's more, I don't know hhow to find that out. I guess I'm left with that being as it is.

Regarding creating a new email account altogether, that option seems to be an alternative direction altogether. Thank you for pointing it out, of course, but my original intent was, and remains, regaining access to my apparently deactivated account. Toward that end, I will continue devoting my efforts.

One thing I have tried already, is to "create" anew my (now deleted) account once more, using my original name; this has been denied to me by Google, due to the account name being taken now....? Very frustrating response.

Thanks again for offering your suggestions and links. I appreciate your thoughtfulness in providing the links for the instance of a forgotten password. Would that were the case for me!

I have no reason to believe my account was hacked, but will explore recovery through that venue using the link you kindly provided. Thank you again, Ambucia! I greatly appreciate your helpfulness!

~S.H.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > StaticHappens Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2016
Jan 22, 2016 at 06:47 PM
All the pleasure is mine. Please come back anytime.
StaticHappens Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2016 > Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023
Jan 22, 2016 at 08:57 PM
Genuine thanks for the kind help and warm welcome, Ambucias! I'm glad to've found you!

~S.H.