Flash drive - can't see my folders anymore

Solved/Closed
heli - Updated on Jan 10, 2018 at 01:53 PM
 Swastik - Jan 10, 2018 at 10:34 AM
Hello,

I'm using a kingston 32 GB flash drive. I've used it before on my laptop to access my folders and it's been working fine. Suddenly one day I used it on a PC and I couldn't see any folders. I tried another Pc, nothing. I used it on my laptop and nothing. The stuff is there but I cannot see it anymore. I went to tools - folders option to click show hidden files - apply - ok but nothing happened.

Something I can do about this?

Thanks,
heli
Related:

2 responses

hmmm... . .I see, my friend had just encountered that same problem. He gave me his USB and here is what I did:

1. Go to "Tools" and click "Folder Option"
2. Choose the View tab
3. Uncheck the "hide protected operating system files (Recomended)"
4. Then click Ok, and then your through.

It works on me. I don't know if it works on you, but probably it will.
I think the virus did something weird on your folders. It is converted into system files, so the
computer will recognize it as a system file, and it has a default of hiding all protected operating
system files. It guess it's like that.
But it's just my thought anyway.

thanks...
Mate,

You are a genius. I was about post a message, when I saw your reply regarding "Files in USB not showing except for the folders". I have Kingston USB Data Traveller 2GB having the same problem. I tried your tips and it did worked. I was over the moon !!, now I can view my files........hooray !!..........Thanks thanks thanks thanks....

Marix Pawa
Hey lonely hadj, thanks for the solution to this problem it really works. U are the best.
Dear,
Thank alot, I was facing the same problem with hidden files,now I can se all files, but these are still in hidden format.

And yes if you could help me with removing this hidden option from these file, I will be gratefull

regards,

miuks
crazyglitterz
Jan 17, 2010 at 12:14 AM
thanks..i got the soulution for mha problem..
Thank you very much Lonely hadj, I tried many things already but fail.
Thanks, this is very informative. I recovered some of my files using Pandora Recovery Software but the application hung midway.