Connection to network

Closed
ranzey Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 2, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2016 - Feb 2, 2016 at 04:32 PM
wijnaldumwilliam Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Apr 6, 2016 at 06:00 AM
I had a freind work on my computer and instead of reinstalling windows he installed linux mint and now I cannot seem to connect to a wireless network. I would like to know how to set I can find and connect to wirelss signle 802.11

1 response

wijnaldumwilliam Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 6, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016
Apr 6, 2016 at 06:00 AM
I suggest you to download the build 10130 ISO and burn it to a disk or USB stick. If you don't have many programs installed, a clean install might be a good choice. You may also check the manufacturer’s website for updated versions of the drivers. Alternatively, you may also try to install the latest version of the driver in compatibility mode to check the status.

Solution 1 – Rollback to the older driver
Open Device Manager and find the driver that is giving you trouble. Right click it and choose Rollback driver.
This will install the previous version of the driver. Sometimes, it’s better to use the default driver in order to avoid compatibility issues. To use the default driver you’ll need to uninstall the current one you’re using and the default one will install itself. To uninstall the driver, do this:
1. Open Device manager and find the buggy driver.
2. Right click it and choose Uninstall.

3. Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
4. Restart your computer.
Solution 2 – Update your drivers
Sometimes all you need to fix these issues are the latest drivers. Just visit your graphic card or motherboard manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
If you’re using a laptop, maybe it’s better to download drivers from the laptop manufacturer instead. We also have to mention that in certain cases old drivers can work better, so if the latest drivers aren’t working for you, follow the steps from previous solution to uninstall them and download older version of the drivers.
Solution 3 – Install drivers in compatibility mode
Windows 10 still has compatibility issues with drivers, so sometimes it’s best that you install them in compatibility mode.
1. Right click the driver setup file and choose Properties.
2. Then go to Compatibility tab.
3. Check Run this program in compatibility mode and choose Windows 7 from the list.
4. Click Apply and OK.
5. Run the setup file.
Solution 4 – Set your secondary display
If you’re using HDMI to connect a second display try setting it over at NVIDIA Control Panel, or if you use AMD graphics use its control Panel instead. The process is the same for both cards.
1. Open Nvidia Control Panel.
2. Go to Set up multiple displays.
3. If your HDMI connected display isn’t showing try checking and unchecking the other ones on the list.