TOSHIBA Satellite C50 "INTERMITTENT " Display Problem

Solved/Closed
jakerz86 - Feb 10, 2016 at 05:35 AM
 jakerz86 - Mar 7, 2016 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

Can someone please help me with my issue? My Laptop has "intermittent" display problem. I say INTERMITTENT because the display does not always blank/black out. Here's the situation, whenever I turn on my Laptop all seems to be working fine except my display is blank/black. I tried the 30-60 seconds power thingy, but to no avail. But when I tried to turn it on and off then on then off you get the point, the display suddenly appears to be working. After using it for hours with no problem, I shut it down, traveled like 30 minutes from home to work. After arriving, I turned it on again and the display is blank/black again. And repeated the process until the display appears. What seems to be the problem? Can someone tell me?

Note: When I try to turn it on and off, I also close the monitor and open it. Also, if I shut it down in the office during break, turned it on again, my laptops seems to be working fine. It is whenever I travel, the symptoms appear not sure if it is due to shock/shaking.

Thanks,

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 10, 2016 at 04:54 PM
Hello

Make sure your graphic card and graphic card slot is clean. Make sure your card is well seated.
I don't think it is my Graphic card. Because I tried an external monitor and it is working fine.