HELP!!!! Computer won't stop restarting after eachother

Closed
Tylergamble Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 10, 2016 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2016 - Feb 10, 2016 at 09:42 PM
 jollym124 - Feb 12, 2016 at 04:35 AM
I ran a check on my hard drive , and then when it was diagnosing it would lead to a blue screen where I couldn't ever stop my computer . Next after I restartmy computer it would never go to that screen again. It constantly shows my black screen with aced across it and no circling loading sign. It now also attempts for 20 seconds then attempts to restart again and does the same thing over and over again please help

2 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:29 AM
Hi Tylergamble

This is usually a sign of a corrupt hard drive. The first thing to try would be to start your machine with a Windows installation disk and enter the Repair My computer section. I cant be more clear on how to do this as you dont mention which version of Windows you are running. When you are in repait mode then type
chkdsk c: /r
. This will start a check of your hard drive and try to mend things if it can. It does take ages though.

Let me know how you get on - you may need more help with this later.
Blue Screen.. means corrupt hard drive. check the status of the hard drive and immediately take data back up.